Follow these steps to run the development build of the game.
Windows XP or Vista
- A graphics card that supports DirectX 9.0c and Shader Model 1.1 or newer.
Download the Code
- Obtain a Subversion username and password from a Subversion Admin (Matthew Belmonte). The username will be used to track your changes to the code repository and the password will be known by all Subversion Admins.
- From within the Windows Explorer, check out the repository:
- Create a new directory, called "Autism Collaborative" for example.
- Right-click (or on a Macintosh running Windows, place two fingers on the trackpad and click) on the folder and select TortsoiseSVN->Checkout... from the context menu
- In the URL of repository field, enter http://www.AutismCollaborative.org/autism_collaborative/
- Click OK
Run the Game
New users of Visual Studio or similar IDE (Integrated Development Environment) should check out Microsoft's Online Learning Center.
If the code won't build/run at this point, check out the Troubleshooting page.
Read How to Make a Mini-Game to get started developing your own addition.
Check out the Code Overview for an explanation of how the code base works. It may also be helpful to visit the Code How To's for explanations of common coding tasks. And don't forget about the weekly Meetings!